GolfStinks is very thankful and proud of all the men and woman who serve or have served. We are also advocates of staying healthy (although some of our physical appearances might lead you to believe otherwise) and obviously we love golf. So, what if we were to incorporate golf with some sort of an obstacle course and do it for a great cause? Instead of holding a normal golf tournament, let’s put a spin on things and get our heart rates above dead!
- We use the Texas Scramble method.
- No carts. We give them a day off and use good old fashioned man-power to cart our stuff.
- Dump and chase. We take this ice hockey principle and use it on the course. Hit the ball and then run after it like it owes us money.
- On the way to your ball there’s a few obstacles that need to be conquered first. Hurdles, a wall to climb and maybe an “Arctic Enema” (an actual Tough Mudder obstacle) for good measure. That gives me the chills just thinking about it, no pun intended.
- Everything is based on teamwork. Not so much as who finishes first but making sure your foursome completes the course together.
- Oh yeah, skipping obstacles costs you strokes so don’t be cheatin’!
Hit’em long…yell FORE!!!